Sunday 11 July 2010

Staying Cool

Backgammon always a winner
2 Monkeys and a Bear

The Slide

Trying to stay cool


A basket is always a winner!

Heat, Markets, Pool and Park. The hot spell continues and we spent the weekend trying to find ways to keep cool. Riding a bike around the city to a festival with lots of little 2nd hand markets wasn't the best way to keep cool but it was worth it. Luckily I didn't drag the whole family, I took a little Tashy time and after braving a ride along the train station street (I bravely followed a group of old people as i figured they knew where they were going) I found the festival on Warendorferstr. It was about 11am and people where just setting up...I never get the starting time right. I do have the heads up for the big market on the Promenade next week. Bargains begin at 7am...I can't wait. Even though i was nearly melting I managed to find a few little things for the kids and of course I found a wicker basket!

We headed to the freibad (outdoor pool) in the afternoon as did most of Muenster. The only people not there were swimming in the canal (not something possible with kids). The bus got slowly more and more full until the pool stop when everyone poured, crossed the road and lined up in boiling sun to pay. But it was worth it, as soon as my feet hit the baby pool I was holidaying in Fiji (as everyone seems to be doing on facebook). It wasn't until 3 seconds later when the giant snail I had fail to notice began spitting water at me much to the delight of the child controlling it was I brought back to reality. Bear, Monkey and Mouse loved the pool but the slide which they loved last time caused a few meltdowns this time. Lots of wanting to but not really having he courage to do it. Bread and honey smoothed out any wrinkled armour and back in we went.
After a thunder storm overnight it was a little cooler today but really humid so we headed to the Botanic Gardens to sit in the shade for most of the day. The mouse had and still has a high temperature so lots of relaxing was in order. Armed with a soft blanket, lunch, bakery treats and lots of water we found our perfect stop surrounded by trees behind the castle. During the afternoon we were joined by some lovely friends and spent the afternoon chatting and mentioning the heat at 3 minute intervals.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Tash,
    Waiting for photos of aforementioned Bakery treats, missing you heaps.Please have two or three for me.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete