Thursday 16 September 2010

Much needed Craft





It was so nice to come home from the kindy run today and see the washing up done. It was even sweeter to know that the Bear had done it and promised he would do it everyday... I can only dream.
We did some much needed craft today. They don't seem to do undirected sticking and gluing of boxes and old containers at kindergarten (I blame the gelbe sacke, recycling). So after lunchboxes were finished and a little tv watched out came the stuff. The Mouse even joined in rearranging the pencils over and over again.
Then off to gymnastics to wear them out so they really sleep well. The Monkey even ate all her dinner for the first time ever!

I made contact with another neighbour today and probably did nothing to dispell the "crazy foreigner" myth I am sure is going around the street. The chap was driving out and his dog was following the car. So I waved, possibly wildly and said der Hund and mumbled a bit. Then I noticed the extremely well groomed family who were getting into the other car (slightly around the corner) and he politely said something and smiled and I smiled and said "Alles Gut" and spent the next 10 minutes after he drove off reviewing the appalling use of communication forms...mime included. Later in the day the Bear corrected my German. When I said clean up he repeated it properly to me...oops..at least they are learning in kindergarten
In other news: Who let the work experience kid operate the rice to chocolate ratio machine. Potatoes in background (in focus) to prove we eat healthy food too. Thus I had to eat double the normal amount to compensate for rice taking up valuable chocolate space.

No comments:

Post a Comment