Sunday 21 November 2010

Bikers, Zoo and Siedler

It is somewhat official. I am part of a bike gang, or so I would like to think. Spent a fantastic evening at the kindergarten parent meeting during this week, lovely chatting to other parents over a beer or in fact a shandy which is called a radler here and the ride there and home was like being in a teenage bike gang. So though we haven't sorted out our gang colours yet (definitely something patchwork I think) I was picked up at the door by one other mum to find another couple of mums at the corner. On the way home we were an even bigger group and as people peeled off to their streets it was round after round of Tschuss and Bis Morgan. So much more fun than cars as driving after a couple of beers and yelling out of car windows is typically frowned upon.

After a big Saturday morning of post organising we decided to forgo grocery shopping and go to the zoo. So we all rugged up, jumped on the bikes and headed off on a barmy Autumn day (5oC and cloudy, it is amazing how differently you view the weather in different situations) Best decision ever!!!!!!! Followed this with a late night game of "Siedler" (The Settlers of Caitan) which I have wanted to learn to play for ages. It was a little tricky as it belongs to our upstairs neighbours so not only was it explained in German but the cards were in Hungarian. There was a period when I thought I was going to win, this was enough to get me hooked. I should be able to hone my skills in the next 7 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment