Wednesday 17 November 2010

Robot Mania

Lots of rain and an ear infection meant we stayed inside all day Sunday and just relaxed. I think that everyone who knows us knows two things about us as a family 1) only 50% of us can truly relax, 2) a cardboard box can provide hours of fun (with a hint of arguing thrown in for good measure as the box holds many possibilities) and 3) we love robots and 4) I can't count. Now we have a new toy (and cornflakes in a plastic bag in the cupboard). The Bear was the mastermind behind the whole robot build and had been preparing for the opportunity for days. He has a book with make at home dress ups and has been pouring over it. With a little bit of coaxing and the fact that the chips still need their tube we downsized from a whole body robot to just a helmet version. Credit goes to Herr Fitz for the general shape, Me for the use of the Tube map as a circuitboard, the bear for all other decoration and the Monkey and Mouse for not breaking it -yet.



I even got all the pencils sharpened, this is as close as I can get to doing nothing, it was actually very relaxing and I felt my eyelids close a couple of times. The Mouse was very helpful and whacked me with another pencil when I had finished one. In an attempt to have a 5th cup of tea while the Mouse had a snooze in the stroller (a quick walk around the block to get her to sleep all raincoated up was worth it.) we got out the puzzles and set the big two to work.
Herr Fitz went to Hamburg to give a lecture and wowed them with his colonial knowledge. He was only gone one night and I had a sick Bear in bed at 6pm absolutely exhausted, the Monkey and Mouse asleep by 7 30pm, the broken yoghurt bottle cleaned off the floor, the 3km radius of yoghurt wiped up and my German course homework done all with a little help from a cup of tea, a hot chocolate a home renovation show on TV and two chocolate bars. Hope he doesn't go away too often or at least must make sure I stock the cupboard before he goes and swim a few extra times.
I woke the Bear up to go to the loo in the middle of the night and he must of been dreaming as when we got to the bathroom he said "ich habe meine Schuhe verloren" which is I've lost my shoes.



1 comment:

  1. verlorene schuhe! wie lustig!!! :) ich finde es sehr interessant, dass das baerchen auf deutsch traumt. ich nie erinnere mich, was ich habe getraumt. :( aber ich hoffe es gibt ein bisschen deutsch darin, obwohl ich habe meine traume immer vergessen.
    ich freue mich, dass alles war ok, waehrend herr fritzs urlaub hatte.
    bis naechstes wochenende! xo

    ReplyDelete