Sunday 24 October 2010

A Sweet Weekend

The Autumn Fair was on this weekend. Unfortunately we went the day it rained but had a fun time anyway. Thanks to Fraulein M for joining us and taking the Bear on the Bumper Cars...which led the Monkey to drag Herr Fitz on. Someone had to stay with the stroller and the sleeping Mouse so I took the job. We were also able to fulfill a little dream we had 7 years ago. Bread boards with a picture and your name engraved are a real tradition here for kids and we bought ourselves a couple all those years ago and dreamt of a return visit with kids whose names we had not even thought of yet. So now the Bear, Monkey and Mouse have their own, with their real names of course.

That is Herr Fitz with the black and grey jacket (with his collar turned spiffily up)

I think Herr Fitz and I were more excited than the kids when we bought these and we couldn't stop smiling and squeezing hands. Herr Fitz felt so warm and fuzzy he said we should spend more money at the stand, voluntary spending is normally unheard of. I wanted to take up the offer but couldn't find anything I really liked.

Buckets of Fairy Floss and a matching pink Monkey
Chocolate coated fruit. Yum and toffee apples (yuck, even though I have never tried them).Miss M tells me they are amazing. Unfortunately she ate too many other sugar products and had to take her apple home)

The Mouse's first ride. And hopefully the last in a police car.
(even managed to get the Bear in the background)

A salty remedy to too much sugar and our first vegemite in 4 months.

Add in Saturday night spent chatting with our Hungarian neighbours over a few drinks and our Sunday swim and the result is as shown above.

I am back to school this week as my language course begins. Feeling a little nervous but with all the appropriate stationary so it should be fine.


1 comment:

  1. The bit about the bread boards made me laugh! You guys are so cute. :) Awesome photos from an awesome weekend! I'm still recovering from the lack of sleep - had a good 9 hours last night, but was still a zombie until about 11am today. Still haven't been able to face the toffee apple, though... ;)

    ReplyDelete