Friday 8 October 2010

Come for a Visit.


We have moved into out apartment and are utterly happy. This led me to think why are we so happy and these are the top 5 reasons people should come to visit.

1) We have a shower you can stand up in (ie it has a place to put the shower handle and a screen). It is amazing how uncomfortable a shower can be when you are sitting down. Note: tall people may have trouble with the toilet as it is extremely close to the said shower.
2) Garden and terrace. It is huge and lovely but the cold weather is coming so bring snow gear.
3) There are no stairs!!! except those to the cellar where we do the washing and these can only be used in daylight hours as I still haven't overcome my fear of the 'cupboard monster' who, by the way can inhabit any poorly lit small space.
4) We have been shown (by those in the know) how to buy a bag of cheese.
5) perhaps one of the 20 Turkish rugs is a real flying carpet (the Mouse keep testing them out).

For those who may be agoraphobic, tall, have an overactive imagination, are lactose intolerant or dislike flying on floor coverings OR maybe you're just a little to far away here are some photos.




For the record I spent the morning cleaning before taking photos. This is how the kitchen normally looks.

4 comments:

  1. I love the backyard. It all looks very inviting and not being so vertically challenged I don't think the toilet would pose many problems for me. I like the idea of a bag of cheese. Wish I could come and visit. It is good to hear that you are feeling settled but if one of those flying carpets does work you could pay a flying visit here.
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome, Tash! Can't wait to come see it. :) I'll admit that a bag of cheese did confuse me, but the rest of it seems pretty good, hahaha. And just think about how much you'll be loving those rugs when it's Winter and the floors are cold! So glad my room has carpet. And that I positioned my bed directly next to the heater. heh.
    Glad that all is well with you guys! I'm in Bremen for the weekend but I'll be sure to be in touch when I'm back in Pb. :)
    xo megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool looking place, wish I could pop in for some cheese in that garden. Good luck with the 'cupboard monster' can it be trained to do the laundry? The mouse is looking so big, must be all that cheese! Love to you all,
    Liss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely use the flying carpet app to visit folk. And have begun a cupboard monster training programme in which it does laundry and ironing (a brilliant idea Miss L).

    ReplyDelete