Saturday 26 July 2014

Rules to Bike Riding

Normally, there are a few generally accepted social conventions that I do like to uphold but I find, when I am solely relying on my bicycle as my form of transport I throw a few of these out the window. Ok, so not really caring how your hair looks as it will look windblown or rain effected is ok. Arriving a bit sweaty and forgetting to take a moment to regain composure before entering a government or medical building, not too bad. Forgetting to ride on the right hand side of the road, not so easy to gloss over with 2 smaller riders following your lead; not life threatening and it has only happened twice so far so I can live with that. The most alarming thing by far is arriving somewhere with a wet bottom. It rained (let's not mention how many times I have done this), I have no bike seat cover and my bike seat plastic cover is broken. Ergo it looks dry but after 5 minutes riding you realise that water is being absorbed and you have no other option but to carry on and hope the rest of the cycling city realises that you are a newbie to the biking cause and not incontinent. If you add walking into these said offices babbling as you would in Australia and giving way too much irrelevant information then that is the daily double.

There is always room for one more bike, especially when it is mine and bright yellow.


No comments:

Post a Comment