Sunday 13 July 2014

Gruen, gruen, gruen sind alle...

It is so green! Actually it is so green it makes my eyes hurt and my heart sing with joy as it is quite overwhelming to eyes so used to the Australian landscape.

 



Things just grow in peoples back yards and the grass is soft to sit on and did I mention it is all so green? And you can eat the berries. I am still afraid everything that grows is poisonous but I am working through it. It is a difficult mind shift to make that not all berries are poisonous. Actually most are delicious, though it did take me quite a few attempts to be in agreement that Johannisbeeren are tasty.




An attempt to get a family photo in all the green for the Mouse's kindergarten hook. She is taking the idea of a "school" photo very seriously. I unfortunately didn't make it in the allotted 10 seconds and I think I may have bumped the camera in my hurry.



 Of course for it to be so green a fair amount of rain is necessary. I can't complain as we have had some lovely European (code for lovely but not super hot) summer days but we have also had a lot of rainy days. Actually every day we have gone to a certain friend's house it has rained. Maybe they could be used as drought breakers if they moved to Australia. This is the view from our window at about 9am.


 Nothing, but nothing will make rain gear look attractive, unless you are under the age of 10 then everything looks adorable. It is especially difficult when one has left one's raincoat at a friend's house and is forced to wear 9 year old son's rain jacket.


Then right next to all that green is the city centre with it's own fair share of green to compliment the beautiful architecture. Even though this is my fifth time in Germany, everyday still feels like living in the pages of a story book. Even if I am having a day where everything is difficult because it is difficult for the whole family to get into a routine and get into the swing of life in a different place, as soon as I look out the window or ride my bike up the street I am transported into another world and my imagination is full of fairy tale stories and I reset and start all over again.



Sometimes adding some deep fried potato really helps reset everyone's mood. And of course the threat that the next to whinge will end up in one of those cages on the church always comes in handy. Add apple sauce on the side, and the fact that drinks were forgotten and a massive detour to the supermarket was required, all was forgotten and a lovely stroll was had around the city. It is funny the kids don't remember much of this from last time so it is like starting all over again



Let's hope Germany win the world cup tonight. Luckily the German flag is easy to face paint as it is all the rage at Kindergarten.



2 comments:

  1. Hi there, nice to see your smiling faces and keep up with your adventures, enjoy!
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete