Wednesday 23 February 2011

Ahrrr Brrrrr

Wishing for Spring -Danke Familie Noel

This week has been cold. Even the Germans were cold. Just as we were hoping that spring may come at the appointed time this year (not May like last year) a cold snap saw us all shivering and adding the layer of clothing we had only just shed. Tomorrow it is meant to get a little warmer. Anything over OoC would be nice. The trade off for the cold weather has been some glorious sunshine which was much needed and even a little warm if you really thought about it. We started this week off (or finished last week with, whichever way you want to look at it) with an odd weekend. We all had colds and didn't want to admit it so we tried and failed to do anything but stay at home avoiding the outside world. Except me as this sort of activity nearly sends me crazy. I went to see an art exhibition and had a late lunch with a the lovely B and L. On Sunday I did give up and stay home as I think I ate something that may have had a bucket of MSG in it and I had the most insane dreams and woke up on said Sunday sure the entire family had gone insane. It must have been how the Hungarian soldier who was captured by the Russians felt. Long story short, as they couldn't understand him they put him in an asylum. I read this in a newspaper once and recently got it confirmed by our Hungarian neighbours. The up shot is he was release in the end and lived for about 7 more years....possibly a little insane from the whole experience.

But I digress. Herr Fitz went hunting in the north for dusty books about the Danes. While at home we stocked up on tissues, baked and made soup (I must be feeling better), thanked God for the invention of TV (though I think it is one he doesn't claim fame for) and hunkered down. The Bear is our canary down the mine shaft and seems to get things first and gets hit the hardest. He has slept every afternoon and is still looking pretty lack lustre. The Mouse is all snotty and blotchy, luckily the Monkey keeps on soldiering on or I'd have no one to talk to. In desperation to speak I even called the council to repond to a letter about the Bear going to school and talked to the gardener. It isn't that bad I have lovely friends here who have rung to check on us and offered to buy milk and bread. Best just to say we are looking forward to the coming weekend where we may be able to do something fun.

In somewhat more interesting news I crumbled to the pressure and bought Easter products this week. It is terrible, normally I have limits but this year they have gone out the window. I am looking at it as research so the children don't tell stories like the 'candy egg' story of the Family Fitz but with the great German chocolate laws no chocolate is bad so I have no excuse. Oh YUM, there is something about chocolate in egg form that makes it taste even better.

Moved garden chairs to catch the sun.

Watching the Mariners, the kids call soccer football...sorry.
Homemade marble run, a good hour of fun.

Our favourite game is being played lots at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. Funny that, had creme eggs on sale at the servo the other day and i thought of you, but decided still to early.
    I do think they need to remarket the hot cross buns, maybe a circle instead of a cross or make them rectangles or something just so i can justify buying them in january, I'm sure i am not the only ones who refuses to buy them out of sheer principle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just give in and buy the creame eggs...I announce this to be the year of no easter self control. I am totally with you on the year round circle fruit buns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woollies had left over Xmas junk on the same table as the new Easter stuff. That must be a record!
    Went to Haighs factory and bought some seconds the other day. eg wabbits with chipped ears, wonky looking bilbies etc Am melting down to cover the preserved figs which I have loads of. Am over fruit at moment as have dried, preserved ans eaten soooooo much.

    ReplyDelete