Tuesday 24 August 2010

moving house stories

This is probably the most boring of things that has happened lately but by far the most important in terms of the blog universe, I managed to get a surfstick up and running and am using the internet at home!!!! To most humans probably not hard but I always seem to do this type of thing the long way around. So having borrowed a surfstick from a fellow auslander it has only taken me two days to get it to work. Long story short having bought credit I then had no idea what to do. Normally in this situation I would panic and berate myself but I just waited until the next day and went back and asked more questions and resisted my impulse to say "ja ja ich verstehe" and end up at home with still no idea. Thanks to a helpful young man (yes I am old to use that expression) and many verbs in the wrong spot but questions asked nevertheless here I am.

So onto more interesting things. Our world has move a little further up the road than it was a week and a half ago. Our new apartment feels much more like a home and Bear has even stopped saying we live in a hotel. Maybe I'll just let some photos do the talking as the cockels of my heart were warmed when i looked.

View from our new rooms to our half of the garden

Must feel at home when the whole morning was spent playing with kitchen items.
Summer disappeared for a week but Matt and the Monkey braved the weather
"there is no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing"

The monthly flea market was even better as I went with a friend who has the same OCD manner of viewing stalls as I do and how made a very delious cake that was so big it lasted the whole weekend. Even though I despise haggling I did try but gave up after i realised it wasn't really the done thing. So now the Monkey has her own bike (and it was a good bargain) and is loving riding it. We also now own a very cool thermos, a spiffy apron that someones granny made, some more games and a very nice skirt that I may wear for the rest of my life. Oh and with the left over money Matt bought one book....oops.

After we each ate an icecream bigger than our heads we all took a ride around the fields. Ok, so Matt and I rode while others saw the sights and had 40 winks. Yes that is the skirt I bought. That was day one of wearing it for the rest of my life. Today was cooler so sadly didn't wear it. Not good at sticking to a fashion plan.

It has been a fairly huge week and a half but we are settling into patterns and this week has seen the Monkey and Mouse having great time at playgroup for a few hours each morning while the Bear has been doing his lessons in the morning and helping organise things.

And just one more thing. I am not meant to read crime thriller novels. But it is "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" trilogy and I can't put it down. I am trying to only read it in the daylight hours. My nerves just can't take it, not to mention my imagination going into massive overload.
Has anyone made it through them and enjoyed the series????

Oh and today was bath dolly's birthday. We celebrated with a cupcake banner (as we have no cupcake baking tins) re-gifted toys wrapped up and birthday piklets. Happy 6th Birthday Bath Dolly (aka Rosie). Tomorrow is Blue Bear's birthday.

4 comments:

  1. I have just started Girl with The Dragon Tattoo. Another day off work with a sick child so maybe I can get some reading done today. Off to see the lovely Dr A right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay- I finally got it to accept a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Tash! You're now the master of technology! :)
    Can't wait for the next Flohmarkt. I'd like you to point out to that husband of yours that I have, in fact, been using the roller skates that I bought... just in the privacy of the undercover carpark of Real (before it opens). I think the staff think I'm nuts, which really isn't too far off the mark.
    Oh, and if it's too cold to wear your skirt, just invest in a pair of black leggings, or some really thick stockings. Then you can wear them all year, and not worry about the logistics of riding a bike in a skirt. Trust me! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi There, Leanne, hope all are quickly recovering at your place. I am up to the second book now and toughening up a bit. say hi to Dr A for us.

    Megan, I tried to comment on your blog but failed. Just wanted to know rollerskate progress which sounds good by the way and still plaster free. And that you are our ultimate dinner guest. You can chat about history and german to Matt and food and cooking to me. I'm looking forward to the next flohmarkt too. I'll do a soup or such this time and i'll try a cake too. I did wear the skirt with tights yesterday and extended its season timing.
    xxT

    ReplyDelete