Sunday 10 February 2019

September suddenly is nearly over.

For the sake of the truth I will admit that the rest of the blog is written not just a week or so after it happened, but 4 months later. I don't know where the time went, but with school going back, the October school holidays being action packed suddenly it was November, and then December and time to return home.So the blog got left behind but all the adventures are still firm in my mind and we are constantly chatting about moments from last year. Finishing off our 2018 trip diary/blog is something I really want to do. So not letting the fact that I am again sitting at my Australian dining table writing this and not my German one get in the way I will continue.

There was one last fleamarket of the season in September and the kids and I were determined to make the most of it. We were all on the look out for a couple of special things and some were found and some weren't...that is the nature of the flohmarkt. A chair wasn't on the list but a photo of this fabulous array was necessary.


A board game for Herr F was on the list and thanks to the kids insistence I asked about the one we were looking for meant we found it. As you can see there are quite a few games on offer and this was one of about 5 games stalls on what we call 'Profi Alley' which is in front of the castle and where all the professionals sell. 


With school back there were less random city/ ice cream opportunities but I still managed at least one with each kid while the sun was still warm enough for eating ice cream outside. By the way, Germans eat ice cream all year round it is just this wimpy Australian who likes to keep it seasonal.


As the Autumn began it was back to homework, cooking adventures and slowly starting to think about December and organising to head home and say goodbye to our friends in Germany...but I won't cry this far in advance (or as I am writing so long after I will only shed a few tears or else this post will never get written)


We have finally come to terms with cooking without self raising flour.


Wait a minute, that is homework Bear?


We also sent the Monkey off to the North Sea island of Wangerooge for a week with her class. There was too much excitement and handing over medication for her allergy when they departed so no picture was taken but this is the triumphant return shot. She had the most amazing time with her wonderful class and is so far the only one of us to have swum in the North Sea. Hopefully I can find some of her photos to add. 


Those of us left at home took the opportunity to stock up on essential supplies, finish off the Paris puzzle as a New York puzzle had been lent and take stock of the marvelous jam collection I had acquired from friends that I now had to make a serious effort to get through. Not to difficult as I love jam.








No comments:

Post a Comment