Tuesday 6 November 2018

Back home in Germany, we caught our breath but just for a second.

After 10 days in the heat and excitement of Italy we all needed a little time to recuperate and relax, yes even me. The Herr went back to work, the Bear was pretty happy to play video games and read and I sneakily got Grandma to help the Monkey and the Mouse with a sewing project that I really didn't have enough skills to start. I really should have been more patient as a kid but I learnt enough to pick it up quickly but I will always be frustrated by threading needles. As the weather continued to be beautiful and warm we lounged around the pool with friends, wandered around town including a trip to the art gallery and Peace exhibition around the city and took a quick trip over the border to the Netherlands for a day so the kids could show off all their favourite things to Grandma.




He just really wanted to get to the best computer game shop in the world but indulged his mum maybe for the last time before the teenage years really kick in.





Then it was time to say goodbye to Grandma and I got to accompany her up to the airport the night before where took time for dinner and a drink together. 


Did I mention we have access to a beautiful pool. It was often green last time we were here and the fishing out of a dead mouse once has become part of the family mythology but, a new filter meant that it was perfect everyday this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment